Health, Safety and Environment
In 2001 we introduced a new Health, Safety and Environmental Policy (HSE) and Commitment as a part of an HSE Management System. The main purpose of the system is to demonstrate that HSE plays one of the leading roles in our business. We want to emphasise that we are very serious about the positive approach to environmental protection and health and safety of our staff and contractors.
We take an integrated approach to Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) management, which is standard practice for the oil and gas industry. To achieve uniform standards across the entire company a structured approach is used based upon an HSE Management System, which is a structured set of controls for managing HSE to ensure and demonstrate that HSE objectives are met.
The key elements of our HSE management system are:
- Sakhalin Energy HSE Commitment and HSE Policy Statement
- Sakhalin Energy HSE Manuals and plans;
- Hazards and Effects Management; Process and HSE design processes;
- Risk assessment processes;
- Audits and review processes;
- Contractor HSE Management systems;
- Emergency Response system and plans.