Safety at work is our absolute priority.
Its high level is provided by a lot of measures, starting with building a culture of safe behaviour and safety at work (including the contractors).
The Company has developed a special programme to ensure labour safety. It is based on regular training of employees in order to motivate them towards a naturally high business culture.
Sakhalin Energy runs trainings based on programmes for developing a safe behaviour
The purpose of Sakhalin Energy is a complete prevention of
accidents. Therefore, all employees and contractors are required to
follow ten life saving rules:
1. Do not appear at work under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
2. Do not smoke outside designated smoking areas. Do not carry or use unauthorised ignition sources in hazardous areas.
3. Do not walk under a suspended load.
4. Work with a valid work permit when required.
5. Verify isolation before work begins.
6. Obtain authorisation before entering a confined space.
7. Protect yourself against a fall when working at height.
8. Wear your seatbelt.
9. Follow prescribed journey management plan and have valid defensive driving certificate.
10. While driving, do not use communication devices and do not exceed the speed limit.
The Effective Observation and Intervention Programme, which has been in operation since 2007, also serves for the prevention of serious accidents. Its task is to create such an environment in which every employee feels responsible for work safety and timely responds to potential hazards.
The employees who prevent unsafe behaviour at work are encouraged by the management of the Company.
In 2016, over 10,000 episodes of intervention into unsafe situations initiated by the Company's employees and contractors were registered.
Life saving rules card