Sakhalin Energy LLC respects and observes human rights, with due consideration of the following:
• UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights,
• Core conventions of the International Labour Organisation,
• UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights,
• UN Global Compact principles,
• ISO 26000 Social Responsibility Standard,
• Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.
The Company’s commitments to human rights are reflected in its Human Rights Policy. They are aligned with the General Business Principles and the Code of Conduct and are incorporated in the following Company policies and procedures.
All contractors and subcontractors shall comply with these policies.
Sakhalin Energy LLC seeks to identify, assess, and manage human rights risks in all areas of its activities. This applies to the following:
• personnel relations,
• liaising with the local community,
• engaging with business partners, including vendors and contractors,
• ensuring the safety and security of facilities and personnel.